March 27, 2014

Lentils Stewed in Tomatoes and Red Wine

Well, we survived the "bombogenesis". I was wide awake through much of the night, mesmerized by the live graphics on my computer screen showing the storm barrelling up the coast, and nervously listening to the house shaking from side to side and the wind hurling itself at the windows. But it's over, and by the looks of it, everyone stayed safe inside. 

Well, maybe not everyone. Ever heard of storm dancers??



You gotto love these guys. Here's more about what they were doing

I think I might try it out next blizzard. Though I sincerely hope that that will not be until NEXT year. 

Now our road looks like this.



And the snowdrifts look like this.



And inside I have this little branch sprouting out hope.



And as much as I would love to deny this, it's still time for winter food. 

Luckily there are these lentils. These lentils that have made me wonder why I've ever prepared lentils any other way. Rich and full of flavour, stewed in red wine and tomatoes, a little bacon, celery and carrots. I am very very pleased with this dish. Though I would sincerely like to move on to springtime food. But not just quite yet.



In the meantime, if you're in need of a warming snowy day dinner, I hope you'll give these a try. Let me know what you think!

My recipe is on PBS Food.


2 comments:

  1. Love the storm dancers! The dish looks great too. Hope you get plowed out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to try this I love love lentils and this looks and sounds great thank you i love your blog and videos with love Janice

    ReplyDelete